I’ve to say; drugstore products have gotten much better! If it’s a reliable brand, there’s probably some decent ingredients in it. But, if it is cheap, it’s not likely that great. I recently don’t think it’s possible to make use of top quality ingredients and charge so little.
Remember, drugstore staff isn’t hair experts, and what works on thick hair may not work on beautiful hair. Your stylist knows you and can suggest a product that suits your hair type. However, your salon shouldn’t be pushing expensive products on you. We carry four tiers of products from more affordable to higher-end. A great stylist can let you know why something may be worth the cash Joel Warren Boca. You may opt to invest more in styling products, and less for shampoo. Whatever you decide, purchase your shampoo and conditioner in bulk. You’ll save a great deal that way!
Help! I can’t get an appointment with my favorite stylist!
Listen, when you have a good hairdresser, they will probably be swamped. Here really are a few tips to have an appointment:
- If they have a waitlist, get about it! We’ve one, and it will work.
- Pre-book all your appointments well in advance. I’ve clients that pre-book the season!
- Don’t forget to see someone else at the same salon. Choose someone who’s at the same level (ie, another senior stylist). If you remain at your existing salon, they’ll already have your color formulas, and you’re more prone to get the same result.
- Ask your regular stylist to recommend someone else you will see once you can’t get an appointment with them. It used to be that seeing someone else at the same salon was taboo. Those days are over. Good salons work as a team.
What do clients do this drives you nuts (and be honest!)
- Not showing up for your appointment without even calling is the best insult.
- Being over 30 minutes late and expecting us to do all you want. We probably won’t send you home, but we won’t have time for you to highlight your whole head and do a blowout.
- I am cancelling appointments day-of.It’s almost impossible to fill your space eleventh hour with someone else.
- You are changing your brain while we’re in the center of cutting your hair! It’s difficult to do something different mid-cut without basically starting all over so, please, don’t.
- You are visiting your appointment unprepared. When you have something specific in mind, show us photos! Instagram is a great resource.
What’s a significant factor you wish all your clients knew?
Hairstylists are human, and we’re always trying to do our best work for you. Be open around, communicate. If you aren’t happy, just let us know. You’d be amazed at what we can fix with toner or layers if you inform us of the moment possible. Even though it’s there in the chair, be honest. If you do not think you may be honest along with your stylist, you’re not likely sitting in the proper chair.